Romeo and Juliet, the ultimate love story tale of romance, Romeo and Juliet, speaks of an impossible love between two teenagers who meet on Sunday, marry on Tuesday, and die for their love on Thursday. Their story is known across the globe as the perfect example of love at first sight!
- 1 They barely knew each other
- 2 There way really no time for courting apart from a brief serenade on the night of their first encounter
- 3 The families did not approve of the marriage and the marriage was conducted in secreat
- 4 After the wedding Romeo and Juliet continued to live apart. In fact, Romeo was even banned from Verona
- 5 The couple did not commingle funds
- 6 There was no paperwork with both names on it or any ?family portraits?
- 7 The legal validity of their marriage would have been questioned due to their age.
Thus, this epic love story that to this day is equated with true love or love at first site would have had a woeful end if it had been subjected to the scrutiny of a Green Card Interview. The Immigration Officer is tasked with evaluating paperwork and, pictures and answers that documenting the length duration and veracity of the relationship. The Officer does not care whether the couple is truly in love. The officer only cares about whether the couple has submitted sufficient evidence to demonstrate that the couple did not get married simply to the marriage was entered only to circumvent US immigration laws.
Watching the movie ?Green Card? with Gerard De Pardieu won?t help you. If you entered a sham marriage or if you fail to provide the right evidence, the officer will deny your Green Card.